Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Simple Salutations Challenge #85 - Stamp a Background!


The Simple Salutations Challenge at Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps is to create a card with a stamped background.  I really enjoy creating CAS (clean and simple) cards...particularly using only the card base and no layers!

For my card, I used the sunflower from the Calendar stamp set and the sentiment from the newly released Medallion stamp set.  I masked the center with a scrap piece of cardstock and then used several different colors of ink to stamp the sunflower image all over the base.  I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment in the white space.  I then stamped the flower again on a scrap piece of cardstock, fussy-cut it and adhered it with a dimensional.

We hope you'll play along with the Simple Salutations Challenge; if you do your name will be entered into a drawing for a stamp from Mark's Finest Papers!

You can find the challenge HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love all the flowers and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous and I love the one focus flower.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Vickie! Making your own designer paper!!! Love the masked off area for the sentiment. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete