Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cuttin' & Stampin' Challenge - Think Spring!

 
February 17-23, 2014
 
Weekly Challenge: Spring is Here! (Oh don't we wish)
 
The team is celebrating the impending arrival of spring this week. We have created all sorts of wonderful projects for you using Maggie Holmes "Front Porch" paper collection (check it out here) and the Paper Smooches set "Green Thumb". Your challenge is to create something that to you represents spring.
 
The Green team has used both of these wonderful items to showcase our interpretation of what Spring means to them!
 


                                                    
           
For my card I chose a patterned paper from the Front Porch paper pack that reminds me of an apron my grandma would wear while working in her garden.  She also would wear a matching sunbonnet!  Oh, how I remember those fun, carefree days of spring gardening with my grandma!

I used an apron die cut from Our Daily Bread Designs to create my apron shaped card.  The stamped images were colored using Copic markers and then I fussy cut them out.

Check out the Cuttin' and Stampin' store for all your scrappy supplies!
 
To enter our challenge this week go here.

4 comments:

  1. OMG this is so adorable! Great idea my friend and just so cute! LOVE IT! Did you see Joan has started doing challenges again? Check it out here: http://joanstouch.blogspot.com/2014/02/challenge-for-this-week.html
    Hope you're staying warm ... we had another round of snow/ice/wind over night! I too am SO READY for spring!!
    HUGS from Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little apron card! The pattern also reminds me of my grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your apron is just so adorable..the paper was perfect for it!!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your apron card is just adorable. What a great use of the paper and stamp set. So Creative. Thanks for all your hard work.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete