Monday, February 10, 2014

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #163 - Color Challenge!


The House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #163 is a color challenge!  Create a project using Amethyst (a shade of purple), White, and one other color.  My unusual color combination is Amethyst, White, and my other color is Yellow!  I wanted to pick up the main colors found in the image.  I used an image and sentiment from the Joanna Sheen House Mouse Designs (R) Project Book 1 CD.  I printed the image from the CD using my inkjet printer, rounded the corners and adhered it to a panel of amethyst cardstock.  My card is a 5 1/2" square.  I then cut about a half inch off the front of the card base and then used my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board to create a file folder card!  The designer paper I used is from a retired Stampin' Up paper pack.  The cluster of flowers are from a Martha Stewart adhesive flower pack.  The white leaves are punched using a Martha Stewart punch.  I used white curling ribbon to compliment the streamers in the image!

This was a fun card to create and also my first time to use an image from the CD.  I am having lots of fun playing along as a GDT member with the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenges during the months of January and February! 

We hope you'll play along with Color Challenge.  You Can find the challenge HERE.

10 comments:

  1. What a darling card. I adore the file folder idea and I really like the yellow as your other color. The love you put into this card really shows. Have a fun filled week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party is going on here on your card! And all your wonderful embellishments just add to the merriment. Nicely done.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous use of cuts and gems and lovely details. Great take on the color theme. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Vickie :-) the image is super cute and I love the folder idea and how you used the envelope punch board, I have one so will have to look up this technique :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hear people talk about these HM&F images on CD and I'm going to have to check that out. That is such a darling idea to turn your card into a file folder. So many fun things on your card to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, Vickie! Those mice sure are having fun! I love how you put this together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute image you have used for our colour chall, love the purple and yellow together. Great to have you with us as a GDT, Vickie.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Vickie, a fabulous design and what a fun image. Your embellishments are beautiful - I love those pretty flowers!!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how gorgeous great to have you with us
    Hugs Kate
    HM&FMC DT:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card with a cute image!!

    XoX
    ToM

    ReplyDelete