Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sparkles Challenge #57 - At the Beach / Summer Fun

 
The Sparkles Challenge this month is Summer Fun and/or At the Beach!
 
For my card, I used an acrylic block to create the background for my stamped layer.  I used distress inks direct to the block then spritzed it with water and "stamped" it onto watercolor paper.  Once it dried, I used DeNami sea shells and DeNami seagulls stamps; the sentiment is from Mark's Finest Papers Island Life stamp set.   I used Stampendous Frantage Shabby White Embossing Enamel to give the look of specks of sand and then added some small adhesive pearls.  I used 3 small shells to embellish the right lower corner, some twine and a wooden flourish.  I mounted the stamped panel onto a piece of corrugated cardstock; the overall card size is 5 x 7.
 
We hope you'll share your Summer Fun and/or Beach creations with us!  You can find the challenge HERE.
 
If you play along you could win  a gift voucher from the challenge sponsor, Dawn till Dusk!
 


2 comments: