Saturday, September 27, 2014

Crafting When We Can Challenge #79 - No Designer Paper!

 
The Crafting When We Can challenge is to use no designer paper on your project!  For my DT card, I used the wet paper watercolor technique to create the background.  Wet a piece of watercolor paper, ink your stamp and stamp it onto the wet paper!  Let the paper dry and the way the ink runs creates a beautiful background!  I used several different leaves from the Stampin Up French Foliage stamp set to create the colorful watercolored background.
 
The image is from the challenge sponsor, ArtByMiran called Autumn's Memoirs! 
 
 
I colored the image on my card using both Copic markers and Prisma Colored Pencils and gamsol.
 
We hope you'll play along with the challenge to use no Designer Paper!  You can find the challenge HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Your background is really lovely Vickie...I've never tried that technique but will have to give it a go one of these days! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
    DT Sis Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie your background is fab, I've never seen this technique before but the result is stunning, I'll have to try it out, great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the background....you need to do a tutorial on it. LOVE IT!! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and layout, thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x dt sis x

    ReplyDelete