Saturday, April 11, 2015

MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge - Create a Gold Embossed Background

 
The challenge this week at MFP Speedy Fox and Friends is to create a gold embossed background.
 
For my card I used the MFP Stamp Shop Butterfly Essence background stamp and the sentiment and butterfly are from the MFP Stamp Shop Hello Butterflies set.  I used distress inks to create the color on the background panel then used versamark ink to stamp the Butterfly Essence image and heat embossed using Ranger Gold Embossing Powder.  I then distressed the edges of the panel.  I stamped the sentiment and butterfly on a strip of vellum cardstock.  I colored the butterfly using waterbased markers from the backside of the stamped image.
 
We hope you'll play along with the SF&F challenge and share your gold embossed background with us.  You can find the challenge HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Vickie. Great choice to use the butterfly essence stamp. It makes a beautiful gold embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I love the gold embossed butterflies...or the one on the vellum most!!! Simply GORGEOUS card:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use vellum your background is perfect for it ...Lis

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely, elegant design with all those golden butterflies! I love the bold blue butterfly on the sentiment panel too! What a wonderfully color coordinated and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty with the gold butterflies. Love the vellum to make the sentiment and top butterfly pop.

    ReplyDelete