Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge - Use embossing folder and/or Dies

 


The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge is to use Embossing Folder and/or Dies.
For my card I used the Tim Holtz 3D Texture Roses Embossing Folder.
I used 100% cotton watercolor paper for the embossed image.  Before embossing I used Distress Oxide Black Soot to color one side of the EF which gave the black background a "grunge look" leaving the raised image in white.  I then used DOX Campfire, Peeled Paint, and Picked Raspberry inks to watercolor the raised images using an aqua brush.  When dry, I adhered the TH quote quip and transparent butterfly wings to the panel.  I cut a narrow strip from the colored panel and adhered the panel to a layer of copper cardstock before adhereing to the cardbase.

We hope you'll share your embossed and/or cards using dies with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Vickie! I love the deep, rich colors and the embossing on the flowers. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created and you certainly have brought the embossing folder to life, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! SO beautiful! Thanks for the info on how you created this look ... fantastic! You are SO CLEVER!! LOL Hugs & good health to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing, Vickie! Love that embossing folder and how you used it. The black background with the bright water color flowers is perfect! I really like that sentiment too! I will miss all of you Sistahs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling and stunning card, absolutely gorgeous..xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous grunge looking floral, Vickie!! Love the sheer butterfly too! Thanks for the inspiration at Sisterhood of Crafters!!

    ReplyDelete