Sunday, April 9, 2017

Dare 2B Artzy Guest Designer!

I'm excited to share that I am the April Guest Designer for Dare 2B Artzy!



For my first card this month I used the Butterfly Inspiration stamp set.

To create the background I inked two of the butterfly images using inks from the Dare 2B Artzy Festive and Tropical ink cubes and stamped onto watercolor cardstock.  Using a #9 round watercolor brush and lots of water I pulled the color from the stamped images, then dried the panel using a heat tool.  I stamped the larger butterfly onto the watercolored background using Dare 2B Artzy Totally Black ink.  Stamped the butterfly again on a scrap piece of watercolor cardstock then smooshed the Festive and Tropical ink cubes onto my craft mat and picked the color up with an aquabrush to color the butterfly, heat set, and then fussy cut it to overlay on the black stamped butterfly image.

Be sure to check out the Dare 2B Artzy online store for lots more beautiful, fun, and whimsical product!  And, the D2BA blog has lots of inspration.

1 comment:

  1. Simply STUNNING! Loooove how you 'pulled' the colour to form the bg. GORG!!!

    ReplyDelete