Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Apple of My Eye

I joined a "material girl" swap on splitcoast hosted by stampinggooddeeds. The theme of the swap is to stamp on fabric. I had lots of ideas running through my head but went with stampining on a pot holder! The pocket of the potholder has a recipe for Apple Crisp and a denim die cut flower attached to the corner.

The deets: stamp set Country Apple; distressed inks. A sizzix diecut was used to cut out the flower from iron on patches then inroned the cutouts together; the flower is attached to the recipe card. Embellished the project with deco buttons and ribbon.

2 comments:

  1. Vickie, that is great. Did you make the pot holder or were you lucky enough to find a blank one?

    Merry Christmas to the best big sister EVAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfect to find a pot holder with a pocket in it! I have apples all over my kitchen and I love your choice of stamps to decorate your fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete