Friday, November 18, 2016

The Outlawz Paper A La Mode Challenge - Giving Thanks


This week's Paper a La Mode challenge is to create a card or project that shows us something you are thankful for or use a thank you sentiment.

Our sponsor is  A Day For Daisies. 
The sponsor provided the image Bird Family on a Branch that I used for my card. 

For my card, I am thankful for family!  I printed the image onto Bristol Mixed Media cardstock and then used Distress inks to give it a watercolor effect.  To get the watercolor effect I used the corner of a distress ink cube to color directly to the printed image and then give a spritz of water  to get the ink to spread a bit and dry it using my heat tool.  I really like the look!

We hope you'll show us something you are thankful for (or use a thank you sentiment on your card or project) this week.  You can find this week's Paper A La Mode Challenge HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Vickie this is so pretty! I LOVE birds on branches! What a sweet bird family! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your site from the Altered Eclectics blog. Such a lovely card ♥ I'm curious how you create the stitched look along the edges? I see that on so many cards and would love to know how it's done. Thank you, Robin

    ReplyDelete