Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Ruby's Rainbow Challenge - Spring is Almost Here!

 
I was in sunny Florida last week on a short vacation with friends.  The not too hot but just right warm weather there reminded me of spring.  Then I returned home just in time for a winter storm that dumped about 8 inches of snow and cold wind on us!  I truly am ready for a Midwest spring!
 
I had the warm Florida weather in mind when I created my "it's almost spring" DT card for Ruby's Rainbow Challenge!  I went with a collage of color for the background.  I used PTI ink and Stampin Up Work of Art and Secret Garden stamp sets to create the background.  The sentiment is from the MFP Stamp Shop Spring Things stamp set.  I had some scraps of inked watercolor paper so I punched out two butterflies using a Martha Stewart punch, layered them together and added small pearls to the center of the butterfly body.
 
We hope you'll share your "almost spring" cards with us.  You can find the Ruby's Rainbow Challenge HERE.

5 comments:

  1. I love the vivid look of your card so much!

    Hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of colour. I could just do with some Florida sunshine.
    Hugs Helen P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE! That little butterfly looks cute....& that's a slight change in weather conditions! Think I prefer our warm Aussie weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all these colours.It's a fab card.Hugs x

    ReplyDelete