Friday, February 6, 2015

Oriental Sketch Challenge 64

 
This week's MFP SpeedyTV Oriental Sketch Challenge uses this sketch:
 
 
For my card, I used the Koi Fish stamp set from MFP Stamp Shop.  I used Ranger Watercolor Paper for the images.  I first wet the paper then smooshed distress inks onto my craft mat, spritzed the inks using Pearl Glimmer Mist and smooches the wet watercolor paper into the inks.  I dried the paper using my heat tool.  I stamped the water lily using memento black ink on the watercolored paper and die cut it using Spellbinders Circle die.  I stamped the koi fish onto the watercolored paper and die cut them using square Spellbinders dies.  The glimmer mist gave the inks a sparkle that to me resembles glistening pond water with the lily floating on top and the Koi fish swimming below.
 
We hope you'll share your Oriental cards using this sketch.  When you participate in the MFP SpeedyTV challenges and use MFP stamps, you will be entered to win a monthly guest designer spot and during the month you are a guest designer you will get a 25% discount to use in the MFP Stamp Shop online store.
 
You can find the details and Oriental Sketch Challenge 64 HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely Vickie I like the stamps you used ...worked well..............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Vickie I like the stamps you used ...worked well..............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOooo that watery background is just gorgeous! It's perfect for those koi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like real water. Great technique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, the water looks so real. Thank you for the instructions for the technique, I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete