Friday, February 27, 2015

MFP Stamp Shop Oriental Sketch Challenge 67

 
Here is this week's Oriental Sketch for the MFP SpeedyTV Challenge:
 
 
For my card, I used the MFP Stamp Shop Works of Art stamp set.  I decided to use two coloring techniques using the sketch.
 
The background was created using the Bokeh technique.  I used the smooth side of Ranger watercolor paper, spritzed it with water to get it good and wet, then I wet my watercolor brush and loaded it using watercolor paint and touching the wet panel with the paint and watched as it spread; did this with 3 different colors, red, green, and yellow.  I used my heat gun to dry the wet watercolored panel.  The colors blended together beautifully for a soft background.  Then, I created a circle mask using transparency film and circle punches.   Laid the mask over the colored panel and used white craft ink to randomly sponge the circles onto the panel, making the larger circles lighter and the smaller circles darker.  I also used my heat gun to speed up the ink drying process.
 
I used white craft ink to stamp the dogwood branch onto black cardstock.  I then dabbed pearlescent chalks over the white stamped image to make the image colors pop on the black cardstock!
 
We hope you'll use the sketch and share your Oriental cards with us at the MFP SpeedyTV Oriental Sketch Challenge this week.  You can find the challenge HERE.

6 comments:

  1. That bg is Gobsmackingly beautiful .... It looks like bought pp!!! Loooove it. DEFFO gonna have a go at something similar - I adore it so much:):)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and superb background! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card & colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vickie, your card is beautiful. I have seen this technique but never tried it, I will definitely have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete