Saturday, February 14, 2015

MFP Stamp Shop Challenge - Emboss Resist

 
This week's challenge at MFP Stamp Shop Blog is to create a card background using the emboss resist technique.
 
For my card I stamped one of the shells image from the MFP Silly Shells stamp set onto white cardstock using versamark ink.  I then covered the stamped images using white embossing powder then heat set the images.  I used several colors of distress inks to sponge over the images to make them pop.  I stamped the seashells sentiment randomly on the background using Memento black ink.   I used another sentiment from the stamp set to create a banner and embellished it using one of the shells I picked up on one of the Florida beaches I visited recently!
 
We hope you will share your emboss resist card with us at the MFP Stamp Shop Challenge this week.  The challenge can be found HERE.

8 comments:

  1. LOOOOVE! The distress inks look brill against the white embossing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to go on a shell search Great job Vicky......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vickie this is soooo coooolll love your stamp repeatedly and love that much sentiment too and that color is cool ...like its on the sea shore...wonderfully made Vickie..

    I just join SF&F challenge again hope you like to visiting me back :) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card Vickie! This is a great use of the sea shell stamps. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty design and I love the colors! It makes me long for warm temperatures too! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love that shell set. Being from Florida, it would get a lot of use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great background. The shells look fantastic against the colours you chose. The shell embellishment is just the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete