Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ruby's Rainbow Challenge #77

I'm excited to design for Ruby's Rainbow Challenge Blog!  This is my first DT project for the challenge that begins today.  The theme is "ladies."

 
For my card, I used a digi stamp from A Day For Daisies called How May I Direct Your Call!!  This stamp image is a blast from my past!  I used to be a telephone operator back in the late 1960s!  Technology has certain come a long way!  I used to sit at a switchboard station much like the image, with wires and cords and a headset...direct distance dialing was just coming on the horizon, so all long distance calls had to go through the operator.  And, that is exactly how we would answer each call, "How May I Direct Your Call!!
 
The papers I used are from a KaiserCraft 6x6 paper pad called Lilac Avenue Collection.  A sheer ribbon adhered down the left side, a flower from Recollections and the leaf is from MayArts ribbons.  Image was colored using Copic markers.  The sentiment is a momenta hello stamp.
 
 
We hope you'll play along with the "ladies" challenge at Ruby's Rainbow.  You can find the challenge HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Love this card and can relate with the switch boards. Congrats on your new team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, I recognise and remember the switchboard from my training hospital. Lovely to share DT with you at Ruby's Rainbow. DCaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vickie, this is very beautiful. Sweet image and i like the purple colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stylish and elegant card Vickie.Great to have you on the DT.Fab image and papers too.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a great vintage image! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card. I love the flower and the soft colors. Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete